Revival Apparel Company

Revival Apparel Company

I’d like to introduce you to Revival Apparel Company’s creator, Selah Peña, because I think the two of you have a couple things in common. (1) Selah Peña wants you to look good. (2) She wants to end sex trafficking. See how you want the same things?

Selah started Revival Apparel Company in 2015, selling apparel and accessories that she dyes herself in California. She donates 10% of the proceeds to Love Never Fails, an organization that fights sex trafficking and supports rescue and rehabilitation efforts for sex trafficking victims. 

I think we can agree that any modifier attached to “trafficking” creates something horrible: drug trafficking, fruit cake trafficking, Labrador puppy trafficking—although the latter sounds wonderful and fluffy. But human trafficking is something particularly sinister, and for that reason I support Revival Apparel’s cause. Selah sent me a few pieces from her line (the t-shirt in the picture above, a bandana, and a scarf) and I am happy to share them with you. 

\\\\The Look\\\\

I'm a fan of mixing prints and patterns. It’s an opportunity to exercise creativity (the other opportunity being drafting a letter of resignation). The bold reverse-dye pattern in the Revival Apparel crew neck t-shirt and the camouflage print in the Billabong board shorts compliment each other. The cap from Urban Outfitters and the boat shoes from Sebago keep the look casual and comfortable. Like the cover photo of a college diversity brochure, none of the pieces are the same color, but together they create a pleasing palette.

The following outfits incorporate two of Revival’s other pieces—the Sunset Bandana and the Sunrise Eternity Scarf, respectively.




\\\\Where To Wear\\\\

Revival’s reverse-dyed pieces have a casual, West Coast hippy vibe. I’m a California kid, and I would feel right at home in this outfit while eating fish tacos at the beach, while eating fish tacos at a street market, or while eating fish tacos in line to buy fish tacos at a fish taco convention. (I hope I haven’t given you the impression that us Californians just eat fish tacos—sometimes they're carne asada or al pastor).



\\\\The Threads

Revival Crew Neck T-Shirt: Revival Apparel Company • Buy here
Cap: Urban Outfitters • Website 
Boardshorts: Billabong • Website 
Dockside Boat Shoes: Sebago • Website

Comments

Popular Posts