Mucho Aloha, Folks


Mucho aloha, folks.

I’m Kenneth–socially introverted, sartorially extroverted, a subUrban Outfitter in the Silicon Valley. And based on this getup I’m some kind of ethnic combat farmer. But hey, it’s my first post and we’re going to figure out this style game together.
I think style is a means of communication. It’s a way to tell someone else “Yo, this is me and this is how I’m feeling” before you shake hands (or fist bump, because flu season). I’m going to share with you my threads and how I wear them, and so I guess I’m really going to share with you who I am and how I’m feeling. Let’s do this.

\\\\The Look\\\\


I wore this on New Year’s because Grandma said to wear red. It’s good luck. I like this vest because it’s from the Philippines, like my gene pool. The jumpsuit is by Standard Issue and I think it’s just dope; they turned workwear into streetwear, and I am all about working that street wait no I take it back, heard it when I said it. What I mean is wearing the jumpsuit makes me feel like I’m setting out to get things done. We are simple people, my family. I come from farmers who lived off their land. So I feel authentic in these clothes, and the boots by Rogue help me stand taller.  The hat from Urban Outfitters says “I’m not Pharrell. But I am happy.”


\\\\Where To Wear\\\\


Harvest time at the cherry farm. Are all those other cherry pickers jealous of my swagger or are they glaring because my basket is still empty? Oh well, if they start throwing fruit this vest is red anyways.

Also, I think this outfit would do well at an art event—a gallery opening, maybe, or a night market, or a street fair. Or maybe you're going deep undercover somewhere hipster, like a cold-brew convention.


\\\\The Threads

Jumpsuit: Standard Issue NYC • Purchase here
Vest: Vintage find, made in the Philippines
Felt Fedora: Rosin @ Urban Outfitters Website
Boots: Rogue NYC • Website

Comments

Popular Posts